Friday, January 7, 2011

Product Let-Down and the Art of being Vain

I love all things cosmetics.  I would set up camp in the beauty department of David Jones if it were permitted.  Cruising through the make-up counters and smelling those intoxicating, perfumed chemicals for me is similar (I would imagine) to how an over-eater feels wandering through Krispy Kreme.  It is my happy place.  Mainly due to the fact that I am vain.

So, as you can imagine, I consequently like to buy a lot of cosmetics.  And I have.  Bought A LOT.  The fact that I only use about 15% of them does not deter me.  The feeling you get when you believe you have just found the answer to all of your vain insecurities can be on par with the same rush of excitement and anticipation you get when you think you've just found the world's first four-leaf clover.

But very soon, you realise, with a thud to the stomach, that this cannot be possible, as these things DO NOT EXIST.  I call it Product Let-Down.  Similar to my theory on Disappointing Fruit; but thats another story.

Even though I am a fully grown, intelligent woman, who is well aware of the tricks of clever marketing, I still manage to always fall for the newest, most improved beauty product that promises to make me look like the love-child of Kate Moss and Halle Berry.  Idiotic.

I won't mention the specific name of the latest product I am referring to, however, this has happened to me countless times.  Needless to say, this pretty much tells you that I have tried nearly every damn cosmetic on the market.  Which I have.  No.  Word.  Of.  A.  Lie.

So, what I am proposing to do is to open up a forum for us girls to discuss and vent on Product Let-Downs we have suffered.  Alternatively, if there is a particular product out there that you are so sweetly tempted by but unsure whether a lipgloss is worth your hard-earned $80, let me know and, in the highly likely event I have already tried it, I will give you my honest opinion.

Let me know what you think!

Until next time, Pretty Ladies.......

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Stacey has recommended this blog to me... Look forward to more. I also have my own blog! Check it out! Jess xx

    ReplyDelete